For the Diné (the Navajo people), the eastern direction is associated with all things just beginning. As the sun rises in the East, we begin our day thinking and planning for things ahead. Of the four sacred mountains in Navajo belief, Sisnaajiní is the eastern mountain that serves as the starting point for the day and our frame of mind.
Located in present-day Colorado, Sisnaajiní is also known as Blanca Peak and marks the beginning of Navajo belief. Our stories tell us that the Holy People, our deities, secured this mountain to Earth by clouds with a bolt of lightning through the peak. This t-shirt interprets the story of this sacred mountain of the east.
- Graphic printed on light grey shirt
- Model pictured is 5'11" wearing size Medium
- Each order comes with a postcard sharing more of Navajo culture, designed by a Native American artist
- 100% Cotton, Machine Washable
- Made in the USA (Shirt is sewn and printed domestically)